Your source for biomedical hazard information
Our DisasterAWARE Pro platform, as well as our Disaster Alert™ public app, provides information about biomedical hazards happening around the world. Information is derived from a variety of scientific monitoring agencies.
DisasterAWARE provides biomedical hazard information when a qualified health source has issued an advisory
√ Global (Automated Processing)
Smart Alert™ Advanced Early Warning for Biomedical Hazards
DisasterAWARE Pro now includes PDC’s proprietary SmartAlert technology. You select the areas and hazards to monitor and we’ll alert you to threats within or approaching those areas automatically.
Severity levels are designated by the authoritative reporting agency.
Professional versions: SMS Text | Email | App Alerts
Public version: App Alerts Only
Be Aware and Prepare
Always heed instructions from local authorities and receive alerts about major hazards from PDC’s DisasterAlert app or on the DisasterAlert website.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- When you are sick, keep your distance from others to protect them from getting sick too.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. It may prevent those around you from getting sick.
- Washing your hands often will help protect you from germs.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Practice other good health habits. Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids, and eat nutritious food.
- Store a two week supply of water and food. Periodically check your regular prescription drugs to ensure a continuous supply in your home.
- Have any nonprescription drugs and other health supplies on hand, including pain relievers, stomach remedies, cough and cold medicines, fluids with electrolytes, and vitamins.
- Get copies and maintain electronic versions of health records from doctors, hospitals, pharmacies and other sources and store them for personal reference. Get help accessing electronic health records.
- Talk with family members and loved ones about how they would be cared for if they got sick, or what will be needed to care for them in your home.
Real-Time Impact and Needs Assessment
Through DisasterAWARE Pro and Disaster Alert you get access to PDC’s unique exposure modeling capabilities—providing accurate assessments of exposure and need for hazards in any part of the world.
How to access Hazard Brief (available for all hazards)
Helpful Features and Layers
Apps powered by DisasterAWARE provide layers of information to help assess the impacts of volcanoes. These include but are not limited to:
• HealthMap incidents*
• OIE WAHID news*
• CDC travel notices*
• WHO disease outbreak news*
• CDC health alert network*
* = For disaster management practitioners only