Tropical Cyclone 15L (Omar)…is located 485 miles east-northeast of Bermuda
Atlantic Ocean: Tropical Cyclone 15L (Omar)
Here’s what the computer models are showing
According to the NHC Advisory 18…The depression is moving toward the east-northeast near 5 mph (7 km/h). A north-northeastward motion is expected to begin tonight and should continue through Saturday. Maximum sustained winds are near 35 mph (55 km/h) with higher gusts. Omar is forecast to become a remnant low on Saturday and dissipate by Saturday night or Sunday.
>>>A nearly stationary broad area of low pressure is located over the east-central tropical Atlantic about midway between the west coast of Africa and the Windward Islands. This system continues to produce disorganized showers and thunderstorms, and some development is possible during the next couple of days before it merges or interacts with a large tropical wave located to its east.
* Formation chance through 48 hours…low…20 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days…low…30 percent>>>A tropical wave and area of low pressure located just west of the Cabo Verde Islands is producing a large area of disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Gradual development of this system is expected as it moves westward to west-northwestward, and a tropical depression is likely to form late this weekend or early next week when the system reaches the central tropical Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours…medium…40 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days…high…80 percent>>> Another tropical wave is forecast to move off the west coast of Africa on Sunday. Gradual development of this system is then expected, and a tropical depression could form by the middle of next week while it moves generally westward over the far eastern tropical Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours…low…near 0 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days…medium…60 percent
Here’s a satellite image of the Atlantic Ocean
Gulf of Mexico: Caribbean:
WSI satellite image of the Caribbean Sea
Latest satellite image of the Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico